Jamaica, April 28th – May 8th, 2017
The Sea Star Foundation is proud to be teaming up with students from the Argosy University Dental Hygiene Program in Eagan, MN, as well as with other volunteers from the Tryall Fund and Great Shape 1,000 Smiles to go to Jamaica for a dental mission!
In 2016,we saw over 700 children and adults, who were given oral hygiene instruction, cleanings, fillings, extractions, and other dental treatment during the week long mission. This year we hope to reach just as many children!
When: Friday, April 28th – Monday, May 8th, 2017
Travel: MSP to Montego Bay, Jamaica
Great Shape, Inc! picks us up at the airport, and transports us to the Tryall Club
Actual flights TBD once closer to Mission Dates
Accommodations: Tryall Club, Sugar Hill Villas, Jamaica; Sandals Resort
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper are included every day at the resort and on site at the Hopewell Church
Cost: Varies based on rates in April and May, but ranges between $350-$600 for flights. $500 down payment due when sending in application to Great Shape, Inc! Remaining $800 due a few months prior to trip. Cost of trip goes toward accommodations, meals, transportation, and supplies for the dental mission.
* Five Clinical Days at the Hopewell Church and Tryall Club Clinic from 8am-5pm
* Performing OHI Presentations while children are waiting their turn for a teeth cleaning
* Prophylaxis cleanings for children with completed and signed medical histories bused in from the neighboring schools
* Restorative work, x-rays, and extractions performed for all children coming to the church with filled out medical histories
* Fluoride treatments for all children
* Hand out toothbrushes, toothpaste, and goody bags for all children getting dental work completed
* Performing prophys, restorative work, extractions, and dental x-rays for any adults wanting work done each day form 3pm-5pm (after all the children have been seen that day)
Please consider donating towards this amazing cause!